When you have a computer and you want to connect to the Internet, you don't always need to pay for it. There are a few ways to get Internet access for free, legally. Connecting to the Internet is easier than before, and if you have a few basic items and are in the right location, you should be able to get free Internet access for your computer.
- Portable computer (laptop, notebook, PDA, etc.)
- Wi-Fi Internet adapter
- 1 Set up your Wi-Fi connection. Make sure your Wi-Fi adapter has been installed correctly into your computer, and that it is working properly, with any needed software installed.
- 2 Find your "hotspot," which might be at a fast food eatery, a hotel, a coffee shop or at any location that says they have free Wi-Fi access. Ask the location if they have free Internet access if it isn't suggested on any outside advertising.
- 3 In Windows, click on Start an find the Control Panel. Click on Network Connections, where there is a Wireless Connection option. Click on this.
- 4 There might be an available list of wireless Internet connections available. Locate the correct one on your list. It'll most likely be the one with the highest level of bars.
- 5 Select the correct Wi-Fi connection and click on it. The computer will automatically try to connect to your selected Internet access point.
- 6 Stay close to your Wi-Fi hotspot. Check the level of bars in the signal icon; the more bars, the better your connection will be.
- Bluetooth Wirelesswww.Bluegiga.comOrder Complete Wireless Bluetooth Solutions From A Market Leader.
- Java API for DOORSwww.dxleditor.com/mdworkbenchGet a real IDE for DOORS interop Java API - DOORS connectivity
- Broadband Wireless Accessinfinetwireless.com240Mbps wireless broadband routers for multipoint solutions
- Secure Wi-Fi with VPNwww.kryptnet.comPublic Wi-Fi is unsecure and risky Protect yourself from snooping