What is Search Engine Optimization? Is Search Engine Optimization different between blogger platform and others such as wordpress? Why should we understand Search Engine Optimization? OK. Let’s get all one by one.
What is Search Engine Optimization? Search Engine Optimization or more popular with the term SEO is a series of processes that are carried out systematically in order to increase the quantity and quality of traffic through the search engines towards certain blogs or websites by utilizing the mechanisms or algorithms of the search engines.
The goal of SEO is to place a website or blog at the top position, or at least, at the fist page of the search result page based on the targeted keywords. Logically, a website or blog at the top position or first page will be much more possible to get more visits.
Is SEO technique different between blogger platform and other platforms such as WordPress? Basically, the SEO techniques will apply equally to all blog/website platforms, but since blog/website platforms also have their own coding, it will be found differences in the SEO techniques, especially, the way and placement of the SEO techniques.
Why should we understand SEO? Most Bloggers and webmasters want their blogs/websites visited by many people from all over the world. Therefore, without understanding SEO, their desire will never come true.
Classifications of SEOIn general, SEO is divided into two parts, i.e. SEO On Page and SEO Off Page.
SEO On PageWhat is SEO On Page? SEO On Page is various SEO techniques applied to websites that are being optimized.
A few things included in the SEO On Page :
- The use of domain name that comes from one of the targeted keywords.
- The age of domain. The longer, the better.
- Installing Meta tag : meta title, meta description, meta keywords
- Original content.
- The right use of headings.
- The use of Bold, Italic, Underline on articles.
- Creating links from one post to others.
- The use of Alt on images.
- The use of template structures that meet SEO principles.
A few things included in the SEO Off Page:
- Link Building: submitting articles to Social Bookmarking sites, link exchange, comment links, etc.
- The right use of anchor text at links.
- Register at search Engines.
- Submit Site map.