As we have known that blogger and Google webmaster tool belong to google, the good news is that both services are being integrated each other. If you create a blog in blogger, you can activate the blog in webmaster tool.
The thing to be prepared when submitting blog sitemap is certainly the address of your blog sitemap. How to know the address of blog sitemap? There are a few formats of sitemap you can use:
Other sitemap formats:
- http://example.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default ?alt=rss
- http://yourdomain.com /feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
However, the addresses of the blog sitemap often are not so good for indexing. The good way is by identifying the number of post. If your blog has less than 500 posts, you should submit your blog sitemap as below:
How to Submit Sitemap to Webmaster ToolThe following is how to submit sitemap to Google Webmaster Tool :
- Visit http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/
- Login with your gmail account, the same as you do login to blogger.
- If it’s the first time you login to Google webmaster tool, you have to activate first the service.
- There will appear notification which blogs can be activated (blogs in the same gmail account you use to login to Webmaster tool). Here, you only need to choose which blogs you want to activate. Click Add Select Sites to activate the selected blog.
- Or if your blog does not appear there, just click Add a Site… then insert the address of the blog and then click Continue. This way will need a verification of blog owner..
- Suppose your blog has been activated, so continue to submitting process. Click on the blog address you want to add its sitemap.
- Click Submit a Sitemap on the bottom left corner.
- Click Submit a Sitemap button, and then insert the sitemap address as explained above. End with a click on Submit Sitemap button.
- Repeat this step if you want to add other blog sitemaps.